Grease in variator

« Older   Newer »

1. lancer4o

User deleted

Hi everyone! My name is Stiliyan and I am from Bulgaria. Sorry if my topic is not in the right place. And sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand me. So I have a question. How much grease I need to put in my variator? And is it there some kind of videos or pictures about that? I bought my Leo 300 second hand and the previous owner has did this maintenance but I think that he put very much grease. Here are pictures
    5f496f9edc31b2f3668eb0b5bfd86f6882150fed42ce90c03369ffc0b6dfb197_zpsexpukfii
    a3b3b24f7eba8b252f4cbe6b34af4975ba7ae2f26cabbf1796ac214a95967bf8_zps6cwpw5pt
    86c099566a9c93f083fccff25e0fb66518f179116a44712afb76d6dd3d813b42_zpsgwplq9fm
    You can see that there is more grease on the sides of the vario and less on rollers.

2. poker3332

User deleted

Anche se il mio Inglese e orami sopacciato, credo voglia sapere quaqle grasso uisare..?
    Risposta: Nulla di questo tipo.
    Perché: Ne ho provati tanti di grassi, tante combinazioni, alla fine - per la forza centrifuga, il grasso tende a posarsi sulla perte esterna, e la base solida dle grasso si solidifica, addio scorrimento, anche se questo è ancora in buone condizioni, il lubrificante.
    Consiglio: trattamento delle pareti conn un prodotto della liqui moly al molibdeno, da posare con la pistola a spruzzo; si dosa una porzione di prodotto con un diluente spsecifico e si posa come una vernice, ci sono delle ditte che lo fanno.
    Per lo spinotto guida centrale: Grasso Red Line CV2 sintetico.

Oppure, una pasta per asemblaggio ads alta viscosità sulle piste dei rulli, ressite di più della soluzione a grasso al molibdeno.
    Per evitare costsi trtattamenti superficiali a secco hanno previsto il classico grasso.

Spero che il forumr possa tradurre correttamente il testo...in Inglese.

1,2....6 ... 9 !!!!

Group

Status
    Hi Lancer.
    i don't have direct experience on the 300cc, but i know very well the 150cc.
    "how much" match only with "your own experience". :)
    a lot of grease is ok but don't exceed in quantity : high speed rotation + engine temperature = centrifugal action. you will find more grease at the edge and less in the center/middle. i tink this is not a problem, the roll in your picture seems able to work also in dry conditions
    (they seem the same polymer black of Malossi brand rolls of my 150cc, that work dry).
    Be careful when you remove the old grease and clean gaskets. some rubbers cannot be cleaned using petrol, gasoline etc. the "rotor ring" on the engine axis and the o-ring of the external flange.
    i use the roll paper for washing hands ... and sometimes a little bit of spray soap.
    Use grease for high temperature, with proper viscosity. Also grease for marine application is ok.

Poker 3332 suggest a different solution. he says that is possible to apply a particular treatement, a king of "painting-lubricant" in the roll guides. probably is reliable, but i think that find a place or factory or mechanical workshop able to do this can be quite difficult, and for sure more expensive compared to a box of grease.

good work.
    Gian

4. lancer4o

User deleted

Thank you both! I also clean the old grease with paper towel. Becouse I can't find the same grease from the manual, I put other grease with much better specification. The new grease is red and withstand temperature above 180 degrees. The variator is now on the scooter and after test, there is no problem.

3 replies since 23/1/2016, 21:42   209 views