Grease in variator

« Older   Newer »

1. gian62

1,2....6 ... 9 !!!!

Group

Status
    Hi Lancer.
    i don't have direct experience on the 300cc, but i know very well the 150cc.
    "how much" match only with "your own experience". :)
    a lot of grease is ok but don't exceed in quantity : high speed rotation + engine temperature = centrifugal action. you will find more grease at the edge and less in the center/middle. i tink this is not a problem, the roll in your picture seems able to work also in dry conditions
    (they seem the same polymer black of Malossi brand rolls of my 150cc, that work dry).
    Be careful when you remove the old grease and clean gaskets. some rubbers cannot be cleaned using petrol, gasoline etc. the "rotor ring" on the engine axis and the o-ring of the external flange.
    i use the roll paper for washing hands ... and sometimes a little bit of spray soap.
    Use grease for high temperature, with proper viscosity. Also grease for marine application is ok.

Poker 3332 suggest a different solution. he says that is possible to apply a particular treatement, a king of "painting-lubricant" in the roll guides. probably is reliable, but i think that find a place or factory or mechanical workshop able to do this can be quite difficult, and for sure more expensive compared to a box of grease.

good work.
    Gian

3 replies since 23/1/2016, 21:42   212 views